Built on service
When I first began Prava Construction Services, Inc. back in 2005, I wanted to run my business with the same values my wife Denise and I have always used to run our family: integrity, partnership, dedication, fairness, respect, and good old-fashioned hard work. Having worked in the construction industry my entire life, I was excited to lead my own projects again and was able to hit the ground running with a headquarters remodel project for Sempra Energy Utilities.
My experience working with Sempra Energy perfectly exemplifies the greatness that can come from strong values and committed partnership over the years. Our relationship began back in the mid-90s during my time working for Nielson Dillingham Builders, who ended up closing their doors about a decade later. When the company dissolved, Sempra asked me to manage a project for them independently, and I was able to continue our engagement under my new company name, PRAVA Construction Services, Inc.
As PRAVA Construction Services, Inc. has grown into a larger team that includes Denise and my son, Nolan, as well as other experienced building professionals, we have continued to model our business around the principal that our work should reflect this core value of deep, ongoing partnership. With a strong spirit of collaboration, open communication on all fronts, and going above and beyond to accommodate schedules and expectations, we are proud to help each one of our clients realize their visions.
For PRAVA Construction Services, Inc., another huge part of realizing these values was also realizing what they mean when it comes to building a strong partnership with our community. As an MBE-certified Business, we have been very active with the Southern California & Pacific Southwest Minority Supplier Development Councils over the years and strive to hire MBE-certified business on every project — as well as to encourage other minority-owned businesses to become certified. We have also developed a company-wide spirit of social responsibility within our company by leading support campaigns for new charities each month of the year and hosting networking events that benefit local charities.
Throughout all of these efforts, the involvement of our employees, subcontractors, and fellow industry leaders in these efforts has humbled us greatly and brought us closer to the region where we live and work. We are proud to be part of the fabric of the San Diego community.
Whether you’re interested in partnering with us as a new client, beginning a relationship with us as a subcontractor, or participating in our next community event, we invite you to reach out and introduce yourself.
We look forward to building a better future together!
– Glenn Torrez
Meet The Team
Chief Operations Officer
Director of Field Operations
Anne Marie Mowatt
Denise Maiorano Torrez
Diversity Awards throughout the years
We’re proud to provide excellence in small and minority-owned business ownership in the San Diego area.
Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) Awards:
2008 – Class I Supplier of the Year, Council for Supplier Diversity San Diego
- 2008 – Nominated Class I Supplier of the Year, Southern California Minority Business Development Council
- 2011 – Class II Supplier of the Year, Southern California Minority Business Development Council
- 2012 – Class II Supplier of the Year, Council for Supplier Diversity San Diego
- 2015 – MBE Magazine “MBE’s Who Rock!”
- 2016 – (Nominated) Class II Supplier of the Year, Southern California Minority Business Development Council
- 2016 – (Nominated) Class III Supplier of the Year for the Pacific Southwest Minority Business Development Council
- 2008, 2010 & 2014 – Family Owned & Closely-Held Business Award, San Diego Business Journal
- 2012 – Excellence in Customer Service Award, San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce
- 2012 & 2014 – Fastest Growing Private Company Award, San Diego Business Journal
- 2013 – Helping Hand Award, Boys and Girls Clubs of North County San Diego
- 2013 – Most Admired CEO Award, San Diego Business Journal
- 2016 – NSDBCC Business Leader of the Year
- 2018 – North County Philanthropic Council “Corporate Partner of the Year”
- 2018 – North County Business Chamber of Commerce Business Differentiator
- 2018 – ABC San Diego Chapter- Excellence in Construction Awards: Merit Award: Gold Family Clinic
Interested in networking with us?
Reach out to learn introduce yourself.