View our current job openings.
PRAVA Construction prides ourselves on providing the service and capabilities of a large company with the culture of a small one. We are able to do this through the high skill level each of our employees demonstrates. With over 100 combined years of experience, we take on jobs from many industries and maintain a fast-paced, yet tight knit community.
We are looking for a full-time Lead Estimator. Must have experience with ground up and TI estimates. The Lead Estimator is responsible for the oversight and supervision of the estimating department and all related activities, the preparation and coordination of the overall bid packages, conceptual budgets, detailed estimates, rough orders of magnitude, and competitive bids. Candidates must possess a great attitude, proper skills and the ambition to fulfill the following essential functions:
- Evaluate each project for potential risk factors and develop a preconstruction roadmap to secure the work
- Manage all aspects of the estimating and budget management process for Private, Public and Federal work
- a thorough preconstruction approach to include site visits, safety and security analyses, access, staging, staffing, temporary utilities/facilities, etc.
- the analysis of plans, specifications, abstracts, and other documentation to ensure estimates are comprehensive
- the solicitation of subcontractors and vendors including bid invitations, RFP’s, addenda, and final proposals
- the proper execution and completion of quantity surveys/take-offs for all areas/scopes
- a comprehensive turnover meeting for each project
- the administration of a preferred/prequalified subcontractor program
- a detailed and thorough descope and buyout process
- Serve as a mentor for the department and effectively encourage, train, coach, and manage direct reports and support staff
- Manage and maintain historical cost data and cost modeling
- Provide direction and staff assignments to estimating team members and distribute workload to capitalize on individual strengths while also providing growth opportunities
- Manage the drafting of comprehensive scopes of work for subcontracts and purchase orders
- Build and foster subcontractor and vendor relationships
- Participate in the development of policies and standard operating procedures for the department
- Work closely with other departments to ensure ongoing business development, client retention and overall company profitability
- Other duties as assigned
This position requires the following attributes:
- Strong leadership skills including initiative and drive
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Consistently meet or exceed deadlines
- Clear oral and written communication skills
- Maintain a congenial demeanor and professional customer service skills
- Show strong attention to detail as well as organizational and documentation skills
- Self-starter and motivated requiring minimal supervision
- Ability to handle with conflict with excellent mediation and negotiation skills
- Strong ethical approach to estimating standards and practices
Education and Experience
- Degree in construction management, engineering, architecture, or similar field
- Proficient with computer software required of the position (examples include MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS Project, P6, OST, Adobe Pro, BlueBeam, BuildingConnected, etc.)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in all phases of construction estimating, practices and standards
- Relevant commercial experience in:
- Conceptual estimating
- Competitive hard bid
- Design-build and CMAR delivery
- Value analyses / engineering
- Private, Public Works and Federal Construction
Compensation and Benefits:
- $95k to $135k annual Salary
- Paid Vacations
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Major Medical
- Vision and Dental Care
- Good Culture and Work Environment
Our expectations are as follows but not limited to the following:
- Assist with estimating of projects, providing detailed takeoffs, qualifying subs, quantifying sub takeoffs,
- sourcing subs to bid projects, maintaining company bid calendar.
- Identify and track project RFP response requirements, fill out required information and submit for signatures
- send info off to Owner.
- Generate detailed bid solicitations & RFP’s
- Review Instructions to Bidders for all pertinent information
- Assist with pricing and purchasing of misc. equipment needed for bidding projects
- Review and understand specifications for scoping of subcontractors
- Review new/updated bid documents for changes
- Maintain a current slip sheeted bid set and specifications (using Bluebeam)
- Perform constructability analysis and assist to identify constructability issues
- Assist with value analysis by defining cost-efficient alternatives
- Analyze existing site conditions and bid documents to determine unidentified scope
- Work with estimator to select subcontractor invite list
- Increase and maintain company bid win rate
- Follow up and track company bids / proposals / estimates.
- Maintain subcontractor data base
- Assist with phone answering and representing Company in a professional and friendly manner.
- Mathmatical accuracy
- Provide detailed oriented, logical and methodical approach to construction projects being estimated
- Excellent organizational skills
- Assemble bid packages
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, Bluebeam
- Learn Sage 100 Contractor and Pantera
- Assist with development of new business when possible.
- Identify new business opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Attend industry functions to network with other industry professionals.
- A minimum of 8 hours per day 40 hours a week are required. You may be required to work hours beyond their normal schedules, as work demands require. Overtime compensation is not paid to salaried employees.
- Pursue training and education for industry related areas.
The Project Manager is responsible for the administrative and technical management of a construction project. The Project Manager functions as the point person for the project and steers the project forward. Successful candidates will be able to share their passion for and dedication to getting the job done.
As a PRAVA Project Manager you will be responsible for all activities related to contract administration, change orders, submittals and procurement. You’re accountable for scheduling and facilitating project meetings, supervising and managing project teams, providing general administrative and technical leadership for the project, maintaining all project records and monitoring correspondence, as well as supervising the close out of a project.
But you will also be a leader. Someone who keeps the team motivated and on pace, and trains and develops direct reports utilizing on-the-job and internal and external training or development opportunities. You will also have to develop and maintain relationships with your counterparts at Owner and design firms.
- Undergraduate degree required in Engineering, Construction Management, or similar field. Graduate degree in engineering or business a plus. DBIA and LEED Accreditation a plus.
- 7+ years construction experience required, working for a general contractor on small, medium and large scale construction highly preferred. Must have experience managing commercial projects from start to finish.
- Skilled at negotiating and developing relationships with owners and subcontractors.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team; minimum 2 years supervisory experience.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for the work and industry a must.
PRAVA offers a competitive benefits package to full time employees including:
- Paid medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick time (1 week)
- Safe Harbor contributions
- Continuous training and education opportunities
Estimated pay range
Base pay range – $85,000/yr – $125,000/yr
The Project Coordinator is required to be proficient at the following tasks:
- Requires proficiency with computers, including word processing and spreadsheet construction (Word and Excel). Experience with Bluebeam, Procore, and Sage 100 preferred.
- Must have solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently in a fast- paced environment.
- Effective multi-tasking ability, written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and industry professionals.
- Able to prioritize and understand deadlines.
- Strong teamwork skills. Must be able to maintain good relationships with department, peers, subcontractors, vendors, and owners.
- Maintain timely and accurate flow of all project information pertaining to assigned vendor responsibility.
- Receive and distribute plans, assist with estimating and bidding functions as required.
- Assist in the formulation, implementation and administration of various department operation which include electronic subcontract and purchase order generation and administration, project accounting (A/P, A/R,) contract status reports and auditing, scheduling, invoice processing, submittal distribution, change orders, RFI’s, etc.
- Act as liaison with the accounting department, assistance with preparing and routing owner/subcontractor billing and filing invoices for the projects and general office.
- Organize and maintain department electronic filing system, including files for all project related information.
- Composition, typing and distribution of correspondence to include transmittals, memos, meeting minutes, letters, etc.
- Prepare job close-out records and organize files for storage.
- Meeting regularly with supervisor to review and schedule daily activities, expedite action, etc.
- Prepare periodic reports and project logs as necessary (Job Directory, Buyout logs, Budget Revisions, etc.)
- Phone answering and representing employer in a professional and friendly manner.
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
- This list is not meant to be all-inclusive and shall include other activities necessary to perform the duties as assigned.
Benefits package includes:
- 75% paid medical, dental, vision
- Paid vacation.
- Paid holidays.
- Paid sick leave.
- 401k with 3% Safe Harbor and discretionary profit sharing.
- Continuous training and education opportunities.
Think you'd be a good fit?
Please fill out the form below to apply for a job with PRAVA Construction.